Why Should I Join The Suffolk County Medical Society and MSSNY?
As a physician, nothing affects you more than the quality of our health care delivery system. It affects your daily practice, your hospital affiliation, your access to current scientific information and the health of your patients. Physicians, by their very nature and training are a very inhomogeneous lot. It is this lack of cohesion that has enabled our adversaries to take control of many aspects of the profession. Only organized bodies of medicine have the capacity to be taken seriously. Enrollment in the County and State Medical Societies and the American Medical Association is vital if physicians are to retake the leadership in determining the future of the practice of medicine. The events of recent times that are profoundly affecting the personal and professional lives of physicians clearly suggests that there is now a critical need for all physicians to remain united and to give a greater strength, vitality and purpose to the organizations that represent them.
Yes, some may consider that the cost of membership dues is high - but remember, it costs a lot to do the things that only organized medicine can do - legislative action, litigation, communications, media relations, etc. In comparison, it is a relatively small price to pay when compared to the alternative.
The Medical Society of the State of New York and the Suffolk County Medical Society are those organizations that truly advocate for all physicians, regardless of specialty, and for the patients we so diligently serve. As a county medical society we are constantly striving to keep our membership fully informed and educated vis-à-vis the many laws, rules, and regulations affecting health care and the practice of medicine in Suffolk County, Albany and Washington.
Membership provides you with:
Strong Advocacy for Physicians and their Patients
· In the State Legislature and in Congress
· With regulatory agencies and local governments
· Opportunities and talking points to help members engage political representatives
Expert Legal Help
· Responses to individual questions
· Contract review assistance
· Advocacy program (pre-paid representation in case of government investigation)
· Special member rates from respected law firms
· Class-action lawsuits
Help With Payors
· Intercession with public and private payors
· Individual advice on claims submissions
· Ombudsman service to fight disputed claims for members
· Coding assistance at special rates, plus 3 free patient encounter reviews
Practice Management Assistance
· Recommendations on EMR and practice management systems - with major discounts for members only
· Seminars, publications, consulting services, billing options, collection service, payroll service, and more
Information and News
· Weekly bulletins and monthly newspaper
· E-mail and fax alerts on important issues
· Valuable online library resources, CME programs, "Journal Review"
· Specialty search tool for patients seeking physicians (members only)
· Grassroots lobbying tools
· Blog forums
· Daily interface with the news media, public service announcements
· Speakers Bureau offers media and public outreach opportunities to members
· Online job board, statewide and local networking opportunities
· Leadership training
· Social and professional networking events, travel and tour programs, statewide gatherings
[Home] [About] [Legal News] [News & Updates] [Quarterly Bulletin] [Membership] [DOT Program] [Events Calendar] [CME Events] [Links] [Legislative Contacts] [Classifieds] [Physician Locator] [Contact Us]
Suffolk County Medical Society - Suffolk Academy of Medicine
1767-14 Veterans Memorial Highway
Islandia, New York 11749
Phone:(631) 851-1400 Fax:(631) 851-1212
Contents ©2019 Suffolk County Medical Society & Suffolk Academy of Medicine | Website by Falcorweb | See Disclaimer